Written for teachers, by teachers with over fifty years' teaching experience between them, this course will teach you simple techniques to support children’s physical, social and emotional well-being, fresh approaches to your teaching to make classroom management easier, and a range of imaginative, easy to deliver games and musical activities that make learning fun.
1) Gain new skills as you move through the course and experience an increased sense of confidence when reading stories, singing songs, leading music and movement activities, and supporting children in their play.
2) Develop strategies to support the social and emotional well-being of your children. What if that little girl who usually sobs at the door instead forgets all about her mom and lets out a great big belly laugh? Or that little one who screams when he can't get his own way is able to share his toy?
3) Learn how easy it can be to lead large groups of children in energetic games that don't result in a chaotic classroom and do result in children learning self-control while developing their physical skills.
4) Learn simple techniques that utilize every learning opportunity. That little one who usually spins round and round during Circle Time? With a few tried-and-tested tricks up your sleeve he'll suddenly be listening with engaged attention!
5) Discover that even if you're naturally shy or have never done drama before, there's nothing to be nervous about - after all, drama is just another word for play!
We really do give you the secrets, the tried and true 'magic spells' that Pyjama Drama has been using to captivate thousands of children across the globe for over fifteen years. Add the music (included in your course), thematic resources (also included) and access to an online forum where you can meet other like-minded professionals (you guessed it, also yours) you really will be able to quickly and easily master the art of teaching through play!
What do you get with the course?
Sarah Rijnen has been working with young children for 20 years, having taught in the UK, Argentina, Finland and the US. In addition to her experience as an Early Education and First Grade teacher, she began working with Pyjama Drama back in 2015 so inspired was she by their unique approach to early childhood education. Sarah's passion is to help you learn how to unleash potential in the children you teach, and to be a supportive, hands-on trainer both through our online courses and in our Facebook group, 'The Pyjama Drama Learning Academy’.
“The ready to use ideas and lessons were great to implement the same day and watching each video took only a few minutes of time. Sarah does a great job conveying the message and I was worried I would not be as confident but I was surprised at how responsive the kids were. You don’t have to be perfect, the kids will love it!” Erin R, Teacher
Watch the transformation!
You're already a great teacher, now it's time to be an incredible one! Written by teachers, for teachers, the course has been carefully devised to ensure you build on your knowledge, skills and understanding one lesson at a time, with just the right amount of challenge! You'll be amazed by how employing our techniques effortlessly engages early learners and boosts their development, while making the school day just a bit more fun.